Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day
May 10th, 2015

Mom writes:  Today I got to talk with Trevor over FaceTime.  He looked and sounded great though I still can't believe how grown up he looks.  When Colin asked to see his missionary tags my heartstrings were tugged.  I am so proud of my son for choosing to be obedient and heed the call to minister for the church.  During the conversation Trevor  mentioned that he and his companion were able to help 11 investigators at church today.  He also responded that there is still plenty of work to do.  Somewhere in the conversation he told us about his bout of food poisoning last Tuesday.  Apparently  he ate some leftovers in the fridge that he thought were only one week old, but come to find out were two weeks old. He described the incidence as the Turbo Lax scene from the movie Dumb and Dumber. Poor Trevor.  What was he thinking?  Truly I taught him better than that or so I thought.   Well I guess nothing breaks in a companionship like a trauma induced food poisoning episode.  

I am so grateful for Trevor and for this mission experience.  Every day I am trying to be a better Mom and person, because I know he is trying his hardest to be like our Savior.  He is an amazing man and I am so happy that he's my son.    Happy Mother's Day indeed!     

No comments:

Post a Comment