Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4th, 2015

Elder Dean writes:  The first area of my mission is Allentown, Pennsylvania it's north of Philadelphia, but it's a cool area. The area is a bit ghetto-ish (ok I'm in the ghetto, but not the projects so I'll be ok), but I come home tired every night so that is good.   I live in a row home on the second floor with my companion Elder Litton.  He is a good guy.  He is a little quiet like me, but we get along just fine.   He's from central California, he kind of reminds me of Ian Frandsen if that helps.  There are no bikes in the Philadelphia mission only cars and walking. We cover a family ward and the YSA or young single adult wards, so we normally use the car. We have only had a few lessons, but I learned a lot in the MTC.  I think I contribute to the conversation enough, as only a new missionary can. I never thought I was a person who ate a lot till I came here. I'm always hungry, but I'm going to get some things to remedy that situation today. For P day two other companionship's have come over and we are having a gathering of sorts.   

There is definitely a lot of work to do out here for the Lord.  Teen pregnancy is rampant out here.  The usual family out here consists of a girl and her boyfriend and their kids, until the boyfriend leaves her and she becomes a single mom.  Another cool thing about my mission is that I get an iPad.  We use them as the area book,  I can read your mail any day of week, but I can only write back on Monday which is my prep day.   I love you guys and I pray for you every night and I know that Heavenly Father loves you also.   If you write on Monday's if I'm not busy I will try to answer any questions you might have I love you.


-Elder Dean
P.S. Get Matt to write me, I've got some stories for his ears only
P.P.S My mailing address is 510 North 8th Street, Allentown, PA 18102 and my email is trevor.dean@myldsmail.net




1 comment: