Tuesday, September 29, 2015

All you wanted to know about Atlantic City

September 28, 2015
Umm... I always forget everything that happened during the week as soon as I start my email, so I'll just give a re-cap on what's happened to the Atlantic city branch.

When I transferred to this area, the branch was closing down and merging with the Linwood Ward (I was there for the branch's last Sunday meeting).  We have now merged and we are helping the members make the transition to an English-speaking ward.  It's been a unique experience and needless to say, it's been a crazy 3-4 weeks!

View from my apartment
Besides that, Elder Cruz is still my companion.  We have very different backgrounds and ways of working.  He converted to the church 4-5 years ago and comes from a very Spanish family that emigrated to the States when he was six.

In other news, our investigators are all progressing.  We were able to see a few of them at church on Sunday, which is great because not many people have cars in Atlantic City.  It's hard for some of them to get to church because it's in the the next town over and there are no buses that make a stop there, but the faithful will find a way.

I've learned a few things about Jersey this past week.  First, it has the least amount of wards, branches and stakes of all the states in the union (including Rhode Island).  There are two stakes throughout the whole state.  Second, New Jersey has a lot of toll roads.  I also learned toll roads are the dumbest idea in human history next to not being able to pump your own gas (Jersey has that too).

But I'm still enjoying the mission and staying busy.  I still get a little homesick from time to time, but that's expected.  Love you guys!

-Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment