Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Alantic City

September 14, 2015

So, there are a lot of things happening here in Atlantic city.  First, President doesn't want me to learn Spanish.  He told me to memorize a few things like my testimony and maybe a prayer, but besides that whatever I pick up is what I'll use (and I'm not picking up much... everyone talks so fast!)

Next, we have wifi in the apartment now. Our landlord is super chill so I don't have to rush my email.  

Third my new address is 108 N Trenton Atlantic City 08401 (Tell Grandma). Besides that, I can't think of anything... but if I do I will write you about it. 

It's awesome to hear you are reading the Book of Mormon again.  I know that you will see blessings come from reading it. It really helps lighten our burdens. They will still be there, but the decisions we have to make are much easier when we have eternal perspective.  I read the Book of Mormon every day too... as if that's a big surprise.

I have also started reading the Bible these last few weeks.  It has had its ups and downs ( exodus > numbers) but I am seeing a lot of blessings and a lot more understanding of the prophets and how they communicate with God.  The Book of Mormon and Bible really do support each other.

I also have been fed a lot of "weird" things now that I go into a lot of Spanish homes... like fried plantains and friends and this------------>

But it is a ton of fun... Dominicans are da bomb!  We also started teaching a family straight from Sierra Leone.  They have only been in the States for two weeks and they are super interested in the Gospel.  Please keep Aiah and his family in your prayers. 

As you can see I am having as much fun as I can and am trying my best to do the Lord's work.  I love you, Mom... thanks for all the emails this week.  If you want me to answer any other questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them today!

-Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment