Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hurricanes and bru ha has

October 5, 2015
Okay, we have had a crazy day/week. It has been super stormy the last few days and because of the weather and General Conference we haven't really left our apartment. The hurricane looks like it's heading out into the ocean, but I've heard from a few people that it could come back and smash us.... who knows?

We had a zone conference Wednesday, but I didn't see my package so it is probably at the mission home.  We have another zone training this Wednesday so it might be there and we also have transfer calls this Friday, so I will probably see it soon. 

Today I saw a few black girls get into a full on brawl in the grocery store check out line.... weaves got torn out and everything. 
Now about my companion... He is a quiet guy who likes things to be a certain way.  He has "his" food and "my" food.  Also, he is a super light sleeper and I think he is afraid of the dark. If I just stay to myself and do my own thing, he seems okay with that.  We don't talk much though. He is also a little critical and doesn't like criticism.  In his eyes, he is perfect.  I just let him be and everything seems to be fine. 

Like I said, its been a long week and I might have cabin fever.  Whatever happens, happens.  I love you, I love Colin and Ryan and I am very proud of them.  I love Dad, and I love Ashton....Like I said when I left, we have been together a really long time. I love you, Mom.  Jeffrey R. Holland's talk made me a little heartbroken inside.-Elder Dean






2 comments:

  1. Wow! The true life of a missionary. Trevor you have amazing patience. That is a true gift.! We are grateful for your service out in Pennsylvnia. This will be a great learning experience for you and your family.

    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Dean, In 1985 I served in North Philadelphia between Roosevelt and Lehigh Aves and between Front and Broad Streets as a Spanish Elder. It wasn't a good day unless we saw a Bodega Brawl, a drug deal, got mugged, or a burning car. We knew we were having a great day and making a difference.

    ReplyDelete