Monday, June 1, 2015

The Daily New at 5:00


June 1st, 2015

Thank you Mom and Family for all the presents.   I got the box with Happy Birthday written all over it and I also got the Granny B box.  I kept opening boxes and there were more boxes in them.   

I also was able to have a baptism yesterday with the Adhikari kids. 
That was another great birthday present. 
The boy’s name is Sanjay.  In the middle is Shreya,
 and the eight year
old is Nikita.
 

The Adhikari's baptism this week was a little crazy due to stake conference.  Elder Litton and I had to plan everything about 2 hours before the baptism was scheduled, including making the programs, set up the room, invite people to the baptism.  It happened and that is what is important.  I performed the baptism of Shreya.  I have been very blessed to be able to have such success in my first area on my first transfer.  Not much else happened on the birthday.  No cake, just a lesson and a mission prep class.  Lots of fun.

Our other investigators  are also progressing well.  The Mendoza family and Benjamin are both progressing.  We are about to start the "fun" lessons (word of wisdom and law of chastity).   I can only pray that they have enough faith to pull them through.  I know that this is the true church and that what I'm doing here has made a difference for this family and that as we follow the gospel we can see improvements in our everyday lives because I've seen it in mine.  I know that Heavenly Father has helped me get this far.  I know the church is true and that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and he restored Christ's true church to the earth.

In additional news, we should be getting Facebook in a week or two.  

Love you lots.

Elder Dean

P.S.  I need to take more pictures.  It's just hard to slow down the rush to take them.  I will try to repent and take more.  Just let us work through the rush first.  I am going on errands, but if you have questions I'll be sure to answer them today.

P.P.S. Tell Ryan Happy Birthday and buy him a magic intro deck from me.  I will train him when I get back or Colin can.  


No comments:

Post a Comment